WHO WE ARE :
We're a full service law firm specializing in quality legal services to the Media (television anchors, reporters, and producers; radio personalities; columnists; and authors), as well as to individuals and businesses.
We represent more than 100 people in newsrooms across the country, including some of the highest paid news anchors, meteorologists and sports anchors in local television. In our 30 years in business, we have developed a wide network of industry contacts, including those who make hiring decisions.
Our firm is well positioned to maximize deals in today's competitive, changing and cost conscious (salary cuts and staff reductions) environment, a time when it is especially vital to have a representative who is abreast of rapidly changing station and company needs and limitations. While we're attorneys and knowing the law and precedents involved are important, it's often even more important to know the art of what's possible and how a given opportunity positions a client for his or her next move. Experience and contacts count.
Our firm operates by the credo of always helping our clients present themselves in the best light, respecting our clients and our adversaries, being honest with client expectations and constructively critical about performance, and by helping clients be the best professionals they can be.
Although our practice is predominantly focused on media representation, we also have more than three decades of experience representing clients in a wide variety of estate planning, litigation, family law, class action, corporate, real estate, and intellectual property matters.
WHY US :
Here are just 10 of the reasons to hire us for your current—or next—media contract and/or position:
- Composite decades of experience in drafting, interpreting, and negotiating hundreds of media contracts
- Planning for your next contract and/or position
- Inside knowledge of many yet-to-be public job and management openings
- Knowledge of market pay scales
- Arranging and preparing you for interviews with station management
- Ongoing performance coaching
- Periodic advice on client goals and expectations
- Consultation regarding demo reel preparation
- Troubleshooting newsroom problems
- Vigorous enforcement of contract provisions
AND, OF COURSE, PROMPT RETURN OF PHONE CALLS AND E-MAILS!
back to top
Chicago Area Office:
1901 Raymond Drive, Suite 6
Northbrook, IL 60062
Joel D. Weisman: email@example.com
David S. Rosenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org